Written By Dad:
And there were many whose faith was so exceedingly strong, even before Christ came, who could not be kept from within the veil, but truly saw with their eyes the things which they had beheld with an eye of faith, and they were glad.
And in the next verse it gives the example of the brother of Jared.
My thoughts are this:
- It is not necessary to see the Savior or visions
- Witnessing visions and visitations is a consistent part of the Gospel in all ages
- The witness of the Holy Ghost is stronger than a visitation from the Savior.
- The Savior wants to manifest himself to us in very person and tells us how to do so (Exodus 24:9-11, D&C 93:1)
- I sincerely desire to have a visitation from the Son of God and I have prayed for it on numerous occasions
- I know it will happen one day whether in private, at death or at the Second Coming
- In the meantime, I need to seek to increase my faith, be purified and sanctified
Another witness of this truth is found as Lehi, is speaking to his son Jacob:
2 Nephi 2:4
4 And thou hast beheld in thy youth his glory; wherefore, thou art blessed even as they unto whom he shall minister in the flesh; for the Spirit is the same, yesterday, today, and forever. And the way is prepared from the fall of man, and salvation is free