Newman Family

Newman Family

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Ether 4

12 And whatsoever thing persuadeth men to do good is of me; for good cometh of none save it be of me. I am the same that leadeth men to all good; he that will not believe my words will not believe me—that I am; and he that will not believe me will not believe the Father who sent me. For behold, I am the Father, I am the light, and the life, and the truth of the world.

First, it speaks of how we know things are from God... The Book of Mormon easily passes that test.  Persuades us to do good...

Second, it teaches us that Jesus becomes our Father as we follow Him.  Sometimes we refer to the Savior as our elder brother.  While this is true, I don't often hear our Prophets say it. 

 He is my Lord and my God, the Father of my spirituality.

                                                                                                     - Kelly Newman

I have been intrigued by what visions and manifestations that the brother of Jared had…

vs. 4
"...and there never were greater things made manifest than those which were made manifest unto the brother of Jared."

That is an interesting phrase!  Moroni wrote the things he saw and sealed them up, but the Lord said this to him"They shall not go forth unto the Gentiles until the day that they shall repent of their iniquity, and become clean before the Lord" (vs. 6).

When I read that I thought, We are not there yet…but I hope we are close.  When will we get to read it? I wonder if this is not until the millennium?  The Lord gets more specific…

"And in that day that they shall exercise faith in me, saith the Lord, even as the brother of Jared did, that they may become sanctified in me, then will I manifest unto them the things which the brother of Jared saw, even to the unfolding unto them all my revelations, saith Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the Father of the heavens and of the earth, and all things that in them are" (vs. 7).

I have known for a long time there are more records, more scripture to come forth.  However, we must be adequately acquainted with the 2,476 pages of scripture the Lord has given us before he can give us more.  Think of how many blessings, revelations, power, spirit, knowledge and wisdom has come from the scriptures we do have…what if the Lord doubled the scriptures we have?  I’m excited for that day!  Until then, I will work diligently to study and follow the scriptures given to us...
                                                                                                     - Kelly Newman
                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment