Newman Family

Newman Family

Monday, April 20, 2015



Yesterday at Church I was thinking how I needed to figure out where I should read in the Book of Mormon for the next little while… I had just finished it personally.  We are about to start it again as a family… I hate not having a plan as the quality of my study goes down.

In High Priests Group, the teacher challenged us all to study just one book… then he passed out slips of paper and I pulled out Ether!  So last night I studied Ether 1 and I’m excited to slowly and in depth study Ether over the next 3 weeks or so…

I have always been impressed with verses 34-37 where the brother of Jared is pleading with the Lord to spare them.  Last night, however, it was emphasized to me that after taking care of their families, they pleaded with the Lord for their friends.  I really like that… I thought of the dear friends I have had throughout my life and the wonderful friends I have now.  I think of the wonderful people who live in our ward and stake that I have a great love for… I would have prayed for them as well!  

Friends have a great influence on our lives, especially for the youth.  It is important to surround ourselves with people who we can mutually serve, influence, fellowship and love.  I think of the lines of Hymn #293… “Each Life That Touches Ours For Good”… 
Vs. 2 
What greater gift dost thou bestow, 
What greater goodness can we know 
Than Christlike friends, whose gentle ways
Strengthen our faith, enrich our days.

In John 15, the Savior teaches us how to be His friends… "Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you…”

                                                                                    Love- Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment