Newman Family

Newman Family

Sunday, April 26, 2015


Moses 5:9, " And in that day the Holy Ghost fell upon Adam, which beareth record of the Father and the Son, saying: I am the Only Begotten of the Father from the beginning, henceforth and forever, that as thou hast fallen thou mayest be redeemed, and all mankind, even as many as will. "

As I listened to conference with about four questions, I received specific answers, but my favorite answer was this:

" I will be inspired, be prepared and be without fear if I keep the Spirit with me. If I don't feel the Spirit, press forward in faith and obedience and the Spirit will come."

                                                                                                                          - Cherish Newman


Children of God

Mosiah 18:21-22

As I studied today, striving to meet my new goal of 30 min scripture study a day, I came to Mosiah 18.  I was searching for scriptures and doctrine related to unity for my HC talk on Sunday.  These verses are perfect:

21 And he commanded them that there should be no contention one with another, but that they should look forward with one eye, having one faith and one baptism, having their hearts knit together in unity and in love one towards another.
22 And thus he commanded them to preach. And thus they became the children of God.
I love the phrase "having their hearts knit together in unity and in love one towards another”  To be unified effectively, we must avoid contention and have our focus on the Savior and our covenants.  This is a good unity scripture…

However, I love vs. 22 and I believe something powerful is taught there… “Thus they became the children of God…” Aren’t we already the children of God?  What does this mean?

Mosiah 5:7
And now, because of the covenant which ye have made ye shall be called the children of Christ, his sons, and his daughters; for behold, this day he hath spiritually begotten you; for ye say that your hearts are changed through faith on his name; therefore, ye are born of him and have become his sons and his daughters.

The God referred to in vs. 22 is Jesus Christ… As we follow Him, we become His sons and His daughters…He becomes our spiritual Father

I hope and pray we can all, everyday, be sons and daughters of our Savior, Jesus Christ….
                                                                                                    - Kelly Newman

No comments:

Post a Comment